By Zach Arnold | July 11, 2007
Yahoo Sports says the Chuck Liddell/Wanderlei Silva fight will not happen on September 22nd. UFC Junkie Finds White’s claims peculiar. Let me state one thing perfectly clear – both Dann Stupp and Kevin Iole are good writers. They’re guys who do not screw around. I suspect Dana White is going to become a hot topic on the next edition of Fight Opinion Radio.
Just a thought – is Chuck/Silva going to end up being the American equivalent of Sakuraba/Tamura, a dream fight that people will continue to talk about forever but will never see the light of day?
What can I say about Frank Trigg and Chris Rose doing commentary w/ Layla Kayleigh for “The Best Damn Toughman” show on Fox Sports Net last night? The fact that Rose deadpanned a hard sell for a tournament winner earning $1,000 USD says it all. That was one scary Oklahoma audience at the Toughman event.
The IFL stock is current at $0.74 USD/share. Update: The low so far today was $0.60 USD/share.
Our good friend Yeo Jong-Hoon pointed out a story in the South Korean media (links here and here) claiming that current WBC World Featherweight champion Chi In-Jin will be coming to K-1 MAX soon. Money is the big reason.
Mikeinformer points out to us the Yahoo Buzz chart on UFC.
Bas Rutten, Josh Barnett, and Jason “Mayhem” Miller attended the recent ‘Captivity’ party in Los Angeles. They were scheduled to do cage fighting at the event, but were stopped by overflowing toilets.
An internal debate about MMA at NBC Sports.
Eric Foster is coming to FIGHT! Magazine.
A reincarnation of Weekly Gong magazine is coming in September.
Cage Rage 22 card for this weekend.
Does anyone know if The Fight Network has a functioning RSS feed for their news updates? I’d also be curious if anyone can figure out if there a consistently functioning RSS feed for Fight Network Radio shows (the one they currently use breaks down from time to time).
Onto today’s headlines.
- Sam Caplan: Nick Diaz no longer contracted to Zuffa or PRIDE
- CBS Sportsline: Crystal ball – who will be the leaders in each UFC weight class a year from now?
- More than UFC: UFC more boring than PRIDE? You decide – a look at the numbers
- Bloody Elbow: California and oversaturation
- Fightlinker: Attention Cage Rage – The UFC just wants you to bend over and take it
- Ringside Report: Should Edwin Valero convert to MMA?
- The Metro Spirit (GA): Extreme Fight Night
- Komikazee: MMA Smackdown #31 featuring Eddie Bravo
- The Fight Network: No ESPY for UFC’s Couture, Jackson
- The Rochester Post-Bulletin (MN): Rochester ultimate fighter Travis Wiuff loves to fight
- The Visalia Times-Delta (CA): A sport on the rise – popularity of MMA growing
- The Clanton Advertiser (AL): Right around the corner for David Dismukes
- The Huntsville Times (AL): ‘Iron Brawl II’ set to rock ring at Crossroads
- The Medford Mail-Tribune (OR): MMA set for Friday at the Medford Armory (IFL fighter will be ‘guest referee’)
- Jordan Breen: Sakakibara speaks on the record
- The Cumberland News (UK): Karl Fearon strangles soldier into submission