By Zach Arnold | August 11, 2007
Main results from tonight’s K-1 Las Vegas show: Stefan Leko defeated Mighty Mo after 3R by a 3-0 judges’ decision (30-27 scores), Bjorn Bregy defeated Ray Sefo after 3R by a 2-1 judges’ decision, and Doug Viney (the New Zealander who won his reserve fight) defeated Zabit Samedov (Belarus) after 3R by a 3-0 judges’ decision to win the night’s tournament. K-1 claimed 5,770 paid for the show.
Remember the “how to save boxing” symposium I discussed a couple of days ago? Kevin Iole has a beautiful article on what a debacle the event turned into. It makes for great reading.
Here is an online interview with Alexander Emelianenko. That is a fantastic picture of him sitting at a computer.
Sam Caplan wants to let you know that he’s “not some neo-conservative self-righteous prick who is naive about the world.” I guess Sam isn’t a fan of Peyton Manning then. But, but, I thought Manning won a Super Bowl ring and Donovan McNabb didn’t? Nonetheless, Sam is ready to prove his mettle on his latest radio show.
For our fellow wrestling marks out there, a new web site called Slam Addict has just been launched.
Minowaman won, but brother YASSHI lost in Nagoya. Heartbreaking!
Here’s a new sport to add to the list of cross-training that MMA fighters should consider – extreme ironing. Hot.
Onto today’s headlines.
- Irish Whip Fighting: An interview with the girls behind MMAgirls.net
- Bloody Elbow: Fun with rankings – heavyweights
- UFC Junkie: MMA Wagering 101
- The Fight Network: X(C) Con – interview with Krazy Horse Bennett
- The Southern Daily Echo (UK): Cage fighting packs a punch
- The Baltimore Sun: MMA rankings galore
- Fight Report: Ponce De Leon destroys Rey Bautista
- WTHR 13 (Indiana): Controversial sport of MMA gaining audience
- The Boston Herald: Randy Couture weighs in on Gabriel Gonzaga
- The Anderson Herald-Bulletin (Indiana): MMA referee an apt job for a guy named John Manley
- MMA Passport: A list of up-and-coming fighters, including Mauricio Shogun
- The Beaver County Times (PA): MMA good for more than just TV
- Eddie Goldman: A podcasting association?
- Kung Fu Cinema: ‘Enter the Dragon’ remake in the works
- Ground and Pound: An interview with Luke Cummo
- MMA Weekly: Doug Evans not fighting Jorge Gurgel at UFC 77