By Zach Arnold | July 11, 2007
About that Mark Burnett reality show for Elite XC… is the recruiting starting?
Kuniyoshi Hironaka announced his blog that he will facing Thiago Alves at Ultimate Fight Night 11 on September 19th at The Pearl at the Palms in Las Vegas.
During the IFL telecast on FSN last week, the network aired ads for a “Best Damn Toughman” show that will air on the network Wednesday night.
On yesterday’s Around the Horn show on ESPN TV, a panel of three sportswriters (JA Adande, Jay Mariotti, and Kevin Blackistone) discussed whether or not Congress should investigate professional wrestling in regards to steroids. Audio here. All three writers agreed that there should be Congressional hearings.
Onto today’s headlines.
- MMA Weekly: JZ Calvan injured and off HERO’s card
- UFC HP: The Highly Unofficial Half-Year UFC Awards – The Upsets
- UFC Junkie: Shogun to debut against Ryoto Machida at UFC 76
- MMA Weekly: Brazilian Team MMA debuts on August 11th
- Ark City: Tyler Stinton victorious in Vegas debut
- The Merced Sun Star (CA): Investigators still have few clues in Arco incident
- The Saipan Tribune: Local MMA fighters must get formal training
- The Guam Pacific Daily News: Fighters out to settle score at PXC 12
- The Orange County Register: News and notes from UFC
- The Monterey County Herald: Law school grad Christian Wellisch makes his case in MMA
- Bodog PR: UFC will surpass boxing in online betting revenues for 2007
- The Edmonton Sun: Fighting for a future – Riggs and Chambers both have extra incentive
- MMA on Tap: TKO notes and quotes