By Zach Arnold | March 19, 2007
News and notes
We hear PRIDE boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara is traveling to Las Vegas (and perhaps Brazil as well) in the coming days.
I’m glad to see Japan is ahead of the curve on racial issues. The real black man in the picture is Andy Ologun.
There is a brand new web site called MMA Madness that has several sections to it (including a fantasy game section, a forum, a news site, and a calendar of events). From what I’ve seen so far, it does have a slick design to it.
There is a pretty interesting MMA event coming up on March 31st at the James L. Knight Center (produced by Panther Fight League) in Miami, Florida. There will also be guest appearances by Rich Franklin, Sean Sherk, and Tim Sylvia. The main event of the show is Johnathan Ivey vs. Marcus “Conan” Silviera. Tickets for the show are available through TicketMaster.
Onto today’s media links.
From the DCA (California SAC):
California Commission news
The Commission will be hosting an Anti-Doping Procedures Informational Meeting on Thursday March 29, 2007 at 1:00 P.M. at the Junipero Serra State Building Carmel Room located at 320 West Fourth Street in Los Angeles.
This meeting will take place after the Seconds and Trainers Informational Meeting that will be held at 9:00 A.M. in the same location and on the same date.
The Commission is taking a strong stance on doping violations. At the meeting, the Commission will explain the entire anti-doping process to include who will be tested and when and how the tests will be administered. It will also discuss disciplinary actions and the appeals process.
- The BG News: Wrestler Kyle Maynard overcomes disability (he wants to fight in UFC)
- The Baltimore Sun: Weekly MMA digest
- KRIS-TV (Corpus Christi, Texas): IFC Caged Combat coming to CC (Travis Wiuff fighting at the show)
- The Fightworks Podcast: Show #59 – 10k Ground Clash, IFL in LA
- MMA California: Gladiator Challenger: ST PADDYWACK 3/17 event results
- The Shreveport Times: Four months later, Sean Sherk still hasn’t let UFC title sink in
- The Signal (Santa Clarita, CA): BJ Penn add punchs to training seminar at Big John McCarthy’s academy
- Sherdog: Jonathan Goulet captures quick opening-round win in Victoriaville
- The Houston Chronicle: Keith Jardine fights way into title mix
- The Hollywood Reporter: Nice catch: The Gersh Agency gets into baseball (they also signed Randy Couture)