By Zach Arnold | March 3, 2008
I will have an article talking about the new DREAM promotion in a few days on the site. In short, the viability of the Japanese MMA scene on a large scale is completely dependent on whether or not the DSE-flavored project succeeds. The upcoming article will give you a road map of issues to pay close attention to and what the major players behind-the-scenes need to do to make the project successful long-term.
Onto today’s headlines.
- Sam Caplan: Fact-checking Dana White
- The Boston Channel: MMA a knockout in New England – Dover native Kenny Florian one of sport’s rising stars
- The Dayton Daily News (OH): Having dominated all in UFC, what’s left for Anderson Silva?
- The Newark Advocate (OH): Ohio has taken to UFC
- The Canadian Press: Anderson Silva solidifies status as best pound-for-pound MMA fighter
- AOL Fanhouse: Next for Anderson Silva – 1. Beat Yushin Okami; 2. Gain 20 pounds
- The Dayton Daily News (OH): Jon Fitch’s record performance nets UFC welterweight title shot
- The South Florida Sun-Sentinel: After 13 years, MMA fighter Randy Couture still kicking around
- Jake Rossen: ‘Elite’ competition for UFC
- The Timmins Daily Press (Ontaro, California): Rise of MMA didn’t happen overnight
- MMA Mania: Interview with The Diaz Brothers
- Sam Caplan: Monte Cox looking to get Tim Sylvia re-signed to a deal with the UFC
- The Fightworks Podcast: Interview with Flavio Almeida and Gracie Barra
- MMA California: Fight Quest – Kajukenbo?
- Michael Rome: A barren landscape
- Steve Sievert: Dana White’s doublespeak lands Mark Coleman under the bus
- MMA Payout: UFC 82 payouts
- MMA Opinion: World Victory Road’s Sengoku Preview (Part 1)