By Zach Arnold | September 11, 2007
Here’s a report claiming that Michael Bisping’s father was attacked in the 02 Arena car park. Michael himself also has some comments to add to the discussion.
UFC VP Marc Ratner fires back over criticism surrounding UFC 75 (very dismissive of the Internet reaction) and more media (over)reaction. Also, Frank Trigg on how reporters hold back stories on UFC and how Fox Sports handles IFL coverage.
Mark Cuban is generating press attention for his move into MMA, starting with The Dallas Morning News.
New activity for Pro Elite with the SEC. Activity of any significance?
There were rumors a while back about a big MMA show at The Target Center in Minneapolis and yet I didn’t hear much reporting about the upcoming show. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune has an article on the mystery show coming up this weekend.
AOL Fanhouse talks about the differences between violence in American football, MMA, and boxing.
Fightlinker is attacking me for a lack of Japanese MMA coverage. Silly fool.
Kevin Iole once again calls his readers ‘keyboard warriors’.
411 Mania now has MMA rankings.
Rich Bergeron is now issuing press releases about Xyience’s $25 million USD lawsuit against him.
A new MMA game simulator.
Remember how Mike Swick vs. Jonathan Goulet was going to be a top match on the upcoming UFN 9/19 Las Vegas card? Swick pulled out of the fight due to injury and has been replaced by Dustin Hazelett. According to Goulet online today, his fight with Hazelett is now in the opening match slot.
Onto today’s headlines.
- MMA Junkie: Matt Hamill – UFC 75 judges need to re=evaluate scoring
- UFC Mania: UFC 77 – Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz
- Sam Caplan: Gilbert Melendez vs. Tetsuji Kato (Shooto) set for 9/29 Playboy Mansion show
- Fox Sports: Boxing events falling apart in September
- The Baltimore Sun: UFC 75 – What the principals are saying
- MMA on Tap: TKO 30 – Apocalypse updated card
- MMA Analyst: Mainstream MMA media is disappointing
- The Orlando Sentinel: IFL puts the team into MMA
- The Associated Press: Mike Tyson set for hearing in drug case
- The Sun (UK): UFC 76 will be a real knockout
- The Nevada Appeal (Reno/Carson City): Gina Carano making a name for herself (an interesting article to read)
- The Honolulu Star-Bulletin: Scott Junk gets his shot at UFC 76 against Christian Wellisch
- Style Weekly: Blood Money – local entrepreneurs are cashing in on the Ultimate Fighting phenomenon