By Zach Arnold | March 23, 2007
If anyone out there is an expert with WordPress on the technical side, e-mail me. Thanks.
PRIDE’s Japanese HP is promoting a press conference for 3/27 (Tuesday) at 6 PM JST at Roppongi Hills Arena. It’s being marketed as an “important announcement” to be made to both fans and the mass media.
In regards to Cage Fury announcing an MMA fight between boxer Ray Mercer and Kimbo Slice, a well-placed source with the New Jersey ACB says that the ACB has not received a fight card yet from the event promoter. Also, the source says that both men would not qualify for a professional MMA license, meaning the only way it could happen is if it was booked as an exhibition match (requiring one-day fight permits).
Today, PRIDE announced Zulu vs. Butterbean and Gilbert Yvel vs. Volk Atajev for their 4/8 Saitama Super Arena event.
The CAGE FORCE show that took place at Differ Ariake in Tokyo last week will air on TV-Tokyo on 3/24 from 4:00-5:15 PM JST.
- IFL HP: March 22nd edition of Dear Don
- Sports Illustrated: Hard Lessons – Nathan Marquardt star uses peer as punching bags
- ESPN’s Page 2: So, you wanna be a ninja?
- The Honolulu Advertiser: Less-violent MMA a booming business
- STV: Even bigger in Japan (about MMA)
- The Visalia Times-Delta (California): Visalia resident Mike “The Animal” Cook wins fighting championship debut
- Stephen Martinez: PRIDE-UFC Crossover – pieces falling into place
- Broadcast Newsroom (PR): Jack 9 Entertainment Inc. will broadcast ISCF & IKF fights
- The Oregonian: MMA notebook – from TV screen to computer screen
- Fox Sports: WEC gives the little guys their chance
- PR Newswire: 2007 Melee on the Mountain series announced
- Boxing Scene: Ray Mercer vows to KO Kimbo Slice on 6/16
- UFC Junkie: Sean Salmon discusses losing, celebrity, and a move to Middleweight
- Jordan Breen: Curtain call for Hiromitsu Kanehara
- The New York Post: Phil Mushnick on the IFL on MyNetwork TV