By Zach Arnold | March 8, 2007
Heat. Nuclear heat.
I have no idea why the feeds for the radio show are not updating, but I will try to work on it today. Download our newest show here directly rather than wait for the feeds to update. It’s a good show.
I give you read meat for what was a slow Friday news day, this time in the form of an editorial to The Roanoke Times in defense of cockfighting. Money quote:
As for the brutality of witnessing a farm animal’s death, there are people who watch human bloodsports on television like Ultimate Fighting and they watch NASCAR waiting on the big wreck. You are free to choose your poison.
You want more red meat? Here’s Phil Mushnick in The New York Post.
Onto today’s headlines!
Here’s another dish of red meat — The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that a DEA agent involved in the Signature Compounding Pharmacy steroids/HGH drug case used an MMA-related cover to purchase what he wanted.
March 2006 ï¿½ DEA agent in Colorado orders testosterone from C.N.A. with the promise he’ll get a physical exam and blood tests done later. DEA agent says he wants it for an Ultimate Fighting competition. Several days later, the drugs arrive from Signature with the authorization of Dr. Louis Frost in Houston, Texas.
- Sports Illustrated: FOX takes aim at UFC
- The Sikeston Standard Democrat: From “over the hill” to “king of the hill” for Randy Couture
- CBS Sportsline: Part 1 of interview with Dana White
- The Canadian Press: Noted Quebec hockey enforcer looks to make mark in MMA
- Manabu Takashima: Let’s think to the rhythm of “Mirko’s Rhapsody”
- Mad Squabbles: Here comes the lie parade (Keith Kizer is not going to be on Luke’s Christmas card list anytime soon)
- BetUS.com: NHL – Chris Simon and legalized brutality (UFC garners praise, NHL does not)
- UFC Junkie: UFC 71 location – MGM Grand or Mandalay Bay?
- NBC Sports: Randy COuture talks about life as the champ — again
- PR Newswire: World Combat League names Matthew Ody & Associates to handle demand for international distribution
- ADCC News: Dan Henderson talks about his future and making history (Henderson claims Silva is a free agent and not under PRIDE contract)
- The Worcester Telegram & Gazette: Eric “Butterbean” Esch says he’s the only professional name boxer to make the change to MMA
- The Korea Times: Kim Min-Soo vs. Mighty Mo in Nagoya for HERO’s this Monday
- Jim Page: Interview with Cage Warriors featherweight champion Danny Batten
- The Los Angeles Times: Couture’s victory was one of MMA’s greatest historical moments
- MMA HQ: Evan Tanner back to normal
- MMA Fever: ESPN Randy Couture chat transcript
- MMA California: BJJ seminar in Union City, CA. on Saturday w/ Jon Fitch
- Fox News: Fight Game w/ Randy Couture (the subsite for Fight Game is located here)
- Troll on NBC Sports: Ultimate Insult Championships
- Marketwire: Art of War 3/9 Dallas, TX. fight card
- NBC Sports: Looking into the crystal ball – Liddell vs. Mirko could be happening
- Columbus Alive: Fight or flight
- CBS Sportsline: Frank Shamrock’s Razorclaws reload for LA
- Gambling 911: UFC 68 does $3 million at gate, Couture earns cool $250k
- The Washington Times: UFC boxes out spot in sports marketplace (the article claims Ratner is going to get an MMA regulation bill in place in Michigan in the next two weeks)