Friend of our site


MMA Headlines


UFC HP


Bleacher Report


MMA Fighting


MMA Torch


MMA Weekly


Sherdog (News)


Sherdog (Articles)


Liver Kick


MMA Junkie


MMA Mania


Bloody Elbow


MMA Ratings


Rating Fights


MMA Frenzy


Yahoo MMA Blog


Search this site



Latest Articles


News Corner


MMA Rising


Audio Corner


Oddscast


MMA Dude Bro


Sherdog Radio


Eddie Goldman


Liver Kick Radio


Video Corner


Fight Hub


Special thanks to...

Link Rolodex

Site Index


To access our list of posting topics and archives, click here.

Friend of our site


Buy and sell MMA photos at MMA Prints

Site feedback


Fox Sports: "Zach Arnold's Fight Opinion site is one of the best spots on the Web for thought-provoking MMA pieces."

Sheldon Goldberg

Thoughts on Kurt Angle & TNA

Monday, September 25th, 2006

By Sheldon Goldberg Sheldon Goldberg is the President and co-owner of both New England Championship Wrestling and World Women’s Wrestling. He is based out of the Boston, Massachusetts area. The sad part about following pro wrestling these days is that nothing seems shocking anymore. The many deaths and tragedies that professional wrestling has endured over […]

DVD Review – Heroes of World Class

Sunday, June 18th, 2006

By Sheldon Goldberg “Heroes of World Class: The Story of the Von Erichs & The Rise & Fall of World Class Championship Wrestling” Perhaps the most compelling story in the modern history of pro wrestling is the story of the Von Erich family and the Dallas-based World Class Championship Wrestling promotion. In the early 80’s, […]

True Blue Blues: Was TNA Right to Punish Austin Aries & Roderick Strong

Friday, February 17th, 2006

By Sheldon Goldberg One of the hot topics in wrestling this week is TNA’s decision to punish Austin Aries and Roderick Strong for defying TNA’s request to fly to Florida early for their last pay per view and miss the Ring of Honor show for which they had already been booked. Just reading this story […]

Stream of Unconsciousness

Thursday, February 9th, 2006

Why the major wrestling web sites are ignoring the biggest change in professional wrestling By Sheldon Goldberg Internet television is quite possibly the biggest change in professional wrestling since television itself. It’s use in wrestling is something that I introduced. (Related link: Missing out on the big picture.)

Pro Wrestling is Like a Dandelion

Tuesday, January 31st, 2006

By Sheldon Goldberg Just when you thought you should write off pro wrestling in America as a dying beast, along come signs of growth. Like a dandelion on a field of grass, no matter what WWE does or what the mood of the public is toward the mat game, pro wrestling still manages to sprout […]

The Lost Generation

Sunday, January 15th, 2006

I was reading a recent interview with Ricky Steamboat from the Monday Night Mayhem internet radio show where he was talking about the role of road agents in the WWE and he brought up a point worth taking note of.

“He (Steamboat) went back to when he wrestled, and how 90% of the locker rooms were seasoned, well-worked wrestlers — with only a few rookies. He says the percentage now is 70% of people still learning in the business, while the other 30% is the Triple H’s, Shawn Michaels’, Chris Benoit’s, and Kurt Angle’s.”

There is a lost generation of veterans and veteran values in professional wrestling and it is a big reason why the business is in the state that it’s in.

Digital Rewind: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Pays

Sunday, January 8th, 2006

By Sheldon Goldberg Thanks to the advent of the DVD and digital cable it seems like everything old is new again. The WWE has given us a whole slew of DVD releases incorporating their vast library of matches from the Crockett era NWA, WCW, ECW, AWA and soon World Class Championship Wrestling. The WWE 24/7 […]

Memo to TNA: Some Notes for 2006

Friday, December 30th, 2005

By Sheldon Goldberg December 30, 2005 In a year of pro wrestling with not much to be happy about, perhaps the brightest story of 2005 has been TNA getting a spot on Spike TV and generating respectable ratings. As both a fan and a promoter, it is critical that TNA succeed. Pro wrestling desperately needs […]