By Zach Arnold | April 26, 2014
A good idea for promoting Jones' fights going forward is to promote his fights. Not fantasy fights between WMMA fighters and male boxers
— Brent Brookhouse (@brentbrookhouse) April 27, 2014
Event: UFC 172 (Saturday, April 26th at the Baltimore Arena)
TV: Fox Sports 1/PPV
- Bantamweights: Chris Beal defeated Patrick Williams in R2 in 1′51 with a flying knee for the KO.
- Lightweights: Danny Castillo defeated Charlie Brenneman in R2 in 21 seconds by KO.
- Ladies 135 pounds: Bethe Correia defeated Jessamyn Duke after 3R by unanimous decision.
- Lightweights: Takanori Gomi defeated Isaac Vallie-Flagg after 3R by unanimous decision.
- Flyweights: Joe Benavidez defeated Tim Elliott in R1 in 4′08 by submission.
- Featherweights: Max Holloway defeated Andre Fili in R3 in 3′39 by submission (choke).
- Lightweights: Jim Miller defeated Yancy Medeiros in R1 in 3′18 by submission (choke).
- Middleweights: Luke Rockhold defeated Tim Boetsch in R1 in 2′08 by submission (kimura).
- Light Heavyweights: Anthony Johnson defeated Phil Davis after 3R by unanimous decision.
- UFC Light Heavyweight title match: Jon Jones defeated Glover Teixeira after 5R by unanimous decision.