By Zach Arnold | March 23, 2014
You know what the answer probably is. Whether it’s the answer that you think is appropriate given the current circumstances coming out of Sunday’s fight, however, is up for discussion.
As for the quality of officiating… whew, I’m glad Chael Sonnen assured everyone after the show that the officiating on the show was of good quality. Sneaky guy buttering up the referees for his May 31st Brazil fight against Wanderlei Silva. Nothing ever gets past him. I hope Wernei Cardoso is not the referee for that fight.
Jon Jones may be saying “oh give me a break” about the prospects of a fight with Henderson but if he loses to Glover Teixeira (as John Hackleman talked about recently on Fight Opinion Radio), he may want to reconsider.
Event: UFC Fight Night (Sunday, March 23rd) at Ginasio Nelio Dias in Natal, Brazil
TV: Fox Sports 1 (7 PM EST/4 PM PST)
- Featherweights: Godofredo Pepey defeated Noad Lahat in R1 in 2′39 by KO.
- Light Heavyweights: Hans Stringer defeated Francimar Barroso after 3R by split decision.
- Middleweights: Kenny Robertson defeated Thiago Perpetuo in R1 in 1′45 by submission (choke sleeper hold).
- Flyweights: Jussier Formiga defeated Scott Jorgensen in R1 in 3′07 by submission (choke sleeper hold).
- Middleweights: Thiago Santos defeated Ronny Markes in R1 in 53 seconds by TKO. Santos was a 6-to-1 underdog.
Featherweights: Diego Brandao vs. Will Chope
- Featherweights: Rony Jason defeated Steven Siler in R1 in 77 seconds by TKO.
- Lightweights: Michel Prazeres defeated Mairbek Taisumov after 3R by unanimous decision.
- Light Heavyweights: Fabio Maldonaldo defeated Gian Villante after 3R by unanimous decision.
- Welterweights: Leonardo Santos and Norman Parke went to a majority draw.
- Middleweights: CB Dollaway defeated Cezar Ferreira in R1 in 39 seconds by KO.
- Light Heavyweights: Dan Henderson defeated Mauricio Shogun in R3 in 1′31 by TKO after a knockdown from a right punch.