By Zach Arnold | April 28, 2010
With his California licensing situation in limbo, Josh Barnett will continue to proceed his career in professional wrestling. He is scheduled to be in a ‘ranking match’ against Yoshihiro Takyama on May 9th at Osaka Prefectural Gym. Barnett is reportedly being groomed to be the top ace of the organization.
The headlining story going into the IGF (Inoki Genome Federation) event is the debut of former Sumo wrestler Shinichi Wakakirin. Wakakirin was busted last year for marijuana in Japan and was dismissed from Sumo.
The announcement of Wakakirin’s debut was made today in Tokyo at a presser featuring Wakakirin and Antonio Inoki. Inoki was on his way back to New York after the media session.
IGF 5/9 Osaka Prefectural Gym (5 PM start)
- Naoya Ogawa & Atsushi Sawada vs. Naomichi Marufuji (NOAH) & Minoru Suzuki (All Japan)
- Josh Barnett vs. Yoshihiro Takayama
- Bob Sapp vs. Necro Butcher
- Tatsumi Fujinami & Gran Hamada vs. Original Tiger Mask & Yoshiaki Fujiwara
- Taka Kunou vs. The Predator