By Zach Arnold | June 1, 2008
Post all comments about the show here.
It’s becoming clear that as bad as the reputation is online for New Jersey MMA fans, the reputation for Sacramento’s MMA fans seems to be well-lived once again… albeit the fact that the WEC crowd tonight was better than past UFC crowds in the town.
30-27 on two scorecards for Rob McCullough winning? Brutal. Overall, a show that started out slow and finished out very strong. The elephant in the room was acknowledged by PBP man Todd Harris in regards to a lot of people watching MMA for the first time this weekend.
- The New York Post: Faber defends WEC title in thriller
- Sherdog: He’s a standup guy – Faber beats Pulver to keep WEC title
- Bloody Elbow: I went to a WEC event tonight, but it really felt like a UFC show
- The Long Beach Press-Telegram: Featherweights put on a show that lives up to the billing
- The Sacramento Bee: A raucous Arco Arena crowd helps set the tone during WEC’s Sunday night event (crowd of 12,682)
- CBS Sports: Faber survives Pulver, defends title in WEC war