By Zach Arnold | October 1, 2007
Kazuhiro Nakamura ended up being the only fighter (so far) from the UFC 76 show suspended for failing a drug test (marijuana). Anthony Johnson, Rich Clementi, Thiago Tavares, Tyson Griffin, and Ryoto Machida tested negative for anabolics, masking agents, diuretics, or drugs of abuse.
A third batch of testing results from fighters on the show is expected to released soon.
Our good friend Denis Martins is now writing articles at Sherdog.
Sam Caplan has been hired by Pro Elite.
Is Tito Ortiz playing more games with UFC?
Onto today’s headlines.
- CBS Sportsline: Hollywood evening at Playboy Mansion quite a change for MMA
- Reuters: Shaquille O’Neal gets in shape through ‘ultimate fighting’
- The Daily O’Collegian (OK): Three former wrestlers have MMA debut (Johny Hendricks won his debut — podcast on this story)
- Fightlinker: The Low Blow – Episode 18 (radio)
- MMA California: Cage Combat – Undefeated set for 10/6 at San Mateo Fairgrounds in San Mateo, California
- MMA Madness: Abdul Mohamed to face David Baron at Ultimate Force 7
- 411 Mania: What the other MMA promotions outside of UFC need to do to succeed
- MMA Payout: UFC PPV forecast for 2007
- The Fight Network: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cheick Kongo at UFC 79
- NPR: Japan wrestles with Kyoto accord promises (Nobuhiko Takada makes an appearance)
- BBC Sports (UK): John Duddy mooted as Kelly Pavlik opponent
- Sky Sports (UK): Jon Thaxton ‘disrespected’ by Amir Khan
- MMA HQ: Evan Tanner’s struggles continue