By Zach Arnold | September 30, 2007
Yoshihiro Akiyama is returning soon. It’s interesting to see just how hard K-1 is making a push in South Korea and not in Japan.
Bob Arum goes off on UFC once again, this time declaring Kelly Pavlik’s recent win “the biggest blow to UFC.” Money quote:
“I just think that he’s going to revive boxing in the Midwest and it’s going to spread to the rest of the country. I’ll tell you, this was the biggest blow to the UFC since the sort of competition began because all the young kids are going to come back to boxing. There is nothing in UFC or any of this martial arts bullsh*t that compares to this.”
Larry Merchant thinks the fans are boxing degenerates.
The next season of The Ultimate Fighter will be focusing on Middleweights.
Analyzing the MMA Heavyweight rankings.
Daniel Puder compares his time with OVW to fighting in MMA. Mr. MMA Analyst says that he was not impressed with this weekend’s Strikeforce event at the Playboy Mansion. The Dayton Daily News disagrees. At least we can all agree that Strikeforce signed Renato Babalu.
The latest edition of Inside the Cage Ragio features an interview with Stephen Quadros.
Onto today’s headlines.
- The Albany Times-Union (NY): Rough house – MMA grows as fans learn to roll with the punches
- Fox Sports (Dave Meltzer): UFC’s Light Heavyweights carry the sport
- Sam Caplan: Will Frank Shamrock get sued?
- Bad Left Hook: Pacquiao, Barrera load up for a brawl
- Sky Sports (UK): Clinton Woods eyeing Antonio Tarver match-up
- MMA Analyst: MMA will overwhelm boxing – a look inside the debate