By Zach Arnold | September 24, 2007
Does anyone know of alternates to Feedity for creating RSS feeds that does not require creating an account or going through the hassle of registration?
Chuck Liddell = $500,000 USD. Keith Jardine = $14,000 USD. Well. Useless stat of the day – if you combine the listed fight purse money for the main event, Chuck Liddell ended up with 97.2% of the cash.
Renato Babalu was fined $25,000 by the NSAC.
Pramit Mohapatra explains how CompuStrike works.
Luke Thomas talks about Kevin Iole. Somehow, I think Kevin will laugh at that column while counting the zillions of dollars he’s making at Yahoo Sports. one reader has a clever theory about why Kevin produces must-read material.
I watched the IFL TV show last night (featuring footage from their Hollywood, Florida event) and gradually things seem to be improving in terms of production values for the broadcast (although those Gamma-O ads are goofy). It certainly has a different feel than the UFC product. It was weird to see no heat at the end of the show, however, for the championship ring ceremony (which came off completely flat). Sam Caplan seems optimistic for the IFL, although I’d rather let the financials do the talking.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship should be renamed the Ultimate Fatal Cauldron, it is that brutal. … Until a few years ago, mixed martial arts fighters sometimes fought literally to the death. … With those tiny ‘gloves’ shaped like black, leather knuckledusters, the damage in UFC is 10 times worse than anything a boxer could dish out. It is licensed thuggery.
Onto today’s headlines.
- Fox Sports: Jermain Taylor needs to impress
- Irish Whip Fighting: The fallout of Knockout – Inside UFC 76’s upsets
- Yahoo Sports: Kelly Pavlik’s trainer gets his day in the sun
- Steve Sievert: Chuck Liddell-Wanderlei Silva slips through UFC’s grasp
- MMA Madness: Why UFC needs Fedor
- MMA Analyst: Liddell’s retirement? A load of crap
- CBS Sportsline: White uncertain if Liddell/Silva will still happen
- The Valley Vanguard (Aaron Crossen): Upsets built into MMA
- The Desert Dispatch (CA): Q & A with WEC ring announcer Joe Martinez
- MMA Junkie: Hector Lombard vs. Karo Parisyan set for UFC 78
- MMA Weekly: London calling – the next step forward
- MMA HQ: Video of UFC 76 post-fight press conference
- Todd Martin (CBS Sports): MMA world is flat – making sense of UFC 76