By Zach Arnold | July 26, 2007
I want to send my condolences to the family of Jesse Marunde, as news hit yesterday of Marunde’s death at age 27 due to a massive heart attack. If you have ever seen World’s Strongest Man events on ESPN TV, you would instantly recognize the American strongman.
MMA Madness has relaunched and it’s a good site design. Go check it out.
Luke Thomas took up my challenge yesterday to show Washington Post columnist Leonard Shapiro that, yes, MMA fans can read and write. Here’s the response Luke received.
If you need any further proof of how far UFC is going the extra mile to basically brand MMA as “Ultimate Fighting” in America, here you go.
Onto today’s headlines.
- Sherdog: Vadim Finkelstein interview
- Sam Caplan: Wetherspoon out of Friday’s match vs. Jeremiah Metcalf (plus a preview of the ShoXC event)
- Kevin Iole: KJ Noons isn’t picking between boxing and MMA
- Dave Doyle: Introducing the Yahoo Sports MMA Top 10 poll (plus 1-5 here)
- MMA HQ: UFC title picture
- On the Mat: Josh Barnett interview
- The Saipan Tribune: Frank “The Crank” Camacho is UFC material
- Fox Sports: IFL Q & A w/ Savant Young
- MSNBC: Delicate difference between boxing, MMA
- The Oregonian: Report card on MMA promotions
- The Cumberland News (UK): 14 caged Cumbrians set to battle it out for title
- The Glenwood Springs Post-Independent (CO): Raymond Huffman blitzes first opponent
- The Epoch Times (NY): UFC steals boxing’s thunder
- The Daily Iowan (IA): Point/counterpoint on Iowa City’s ban of MMA at locations with alcohol
- Savannah Now (GA): Muhsin Corbbrey to fight on Showtime tonight