By Zach Arnold | January 3, 2007
A new poll has been added to the right sidebar of the page. It’s an interesting one, given that all three situations are serious.
Poll results from our last site question: What is the biggest MMA-related story for 2006?
- UFC explodes in popularity, creates big business boom – 53%
- PRIDE gets negative campaign from Shukan Gendai, then loses Fuji TV deal, focuses on America – 37%
- Independent MMA (StrikeForce, Bodog, etc.) becomes more popular, more money marks want to jump into the scene – 6%
- California legalizes MMA events to take place in the state – 3%
- IFL starts running shows, becomes traded on the stock market – 2%
Onto today’s headlines!
- Nevada State Athletic Commission: Medical suspensions coming out of the UFC 66 event
- MMA California: IFL 1/19 Oakland card line-up
- Las Vegas Sun: UFC becomes a heavyweight in sports
- MMA Ring Report: BodogFight Teams with Randy Couture and Matt Lindland as sponsor of Sportfight
- Canadian Press (via CBC Sports): NSAC releases UFC fighters’ payscale for UFC 66
- UFC HP: UFC coming to Ohio with a Vengeance
- NHB News (Japan): Controversy swirls around Sakuraba vs. Akiyama (due to Sakuraba claiming that Akiyama cheated)